China Trademark

Forums Forum China China Trademark

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by S C.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    S C

Applying for a trademark in China can be a complex process, but it is important for businesses looking to protect their intellectual property in one of the world’s largest markets. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a trademark in China:

1. Conduct a trademark search: Before applying for a trademark, it is important to conduct a search to ensure that your desired trademark is available and not already registered. You can perform a trademark search on the website of the Chinese Trademark Office (CTMO).
      2. File your trademark application: Once you have determined that your desired trademark is available, you can file an application with the CTMO. Your application should include a clear representation of your trademark, a list of goods and services associated with your trademark, and the name and address of the applicant.
      3. Wait for Application Review: After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the CTMO to ensure it meets the necessary requirements.
      4. Respond to objections or disputes: If the CTMO raises objections to your application, you will have the opportunity to respond and provide additional information or evidence to support your application.
      5. Wait for approval: Once your trademark application has been approved, you will need to pay the registration fee. Your trademark will then be officially registered, and you will be able to use it in China.
      6. Monitor your trademark: Once your trademark is registered, it is important to monitor for any potential infringements or unauthorized use. You can file a complaint with the CTMO if you believe your trademark has been infringed.

In conclusion, applying for a trademark in China can be a lengthy and complex process, but it is an important step for protecting your business’s intellectual property in one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing markets. By following the steps outlined above and working with a trademark professional, you can successfully apply for a trademark in China and safeguard your business’s assets.

Tim1688

HI, me again, I am selling health food and supplements from my family restaurant. I find my trademark has been registered by someone else in China. I would like to sell my product on online store such like Taobao.com. Can I sell my product in China without trademark registration? plx help asap.

S C

Hi Tim, nice to see you again here.
          Products entering platforms such as Tmall, JD.com, and Xiaohongshu require a trademark registration certificate. The trademark registration certificate is the key to a brand’s entry into various platforms, winning more exposure for your brand!
          For more information, please contact us.
          商品入驻天猫、京东、小红书等平台是需要有商标注册证的。商标注册证是品牌进入各大平台的敲门砖,为你的品牌赢得更多的曝光!
          如想了解更多资讯,欢迎联系我们!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.